Saturday, February 20, 2010

"If you practiced every day, you could be really good"

I got to play tennis today!! My lack of practice in the last 3 months showed. I'd gotten most of the hand-eye coordination problems out of the way when I played last weekend, but the blood blister below my ring finger on my right hand painfully reiterated my hiatus from the sport. I played with Petchko (that's kinda how your pronounce it; not at all how you spell it), the guy who was playing next to me last week that I just asked about playing with me sometime. He's a student at the University of Zilina (so I could have him in one of my classes!) and works at this tennis place as well. He apparently tried to play professionally when he was 18 or so, but it didn't work for longer than a year. It was great to play with him! When we were serving at the end, he told me that if I practiced every day, I could be really good. HA! Yea, Petco (that's my nickname for him), been there, tried that. Not that I won't be that devoted again in my life, but it was just humorous to me. Without complaining though, I did confide that I used to be a bit better at least and so it's frustrating to not have some of my favorite shots in my repertoire anymore. But he's a great hitting partner and I anticipate more workouts. Oh, because it was definitely a work out! We did a few drills where he basically stood in one corner and I ran my butt off...on clay.

I have great pictures to share from the mosaic development last night. We got more magazines and more glue, so we were set - until we ran out of green squares for the field AND tree. Oops.

And last night, we stuck with the cooking tradition; this time fried cheese. Yes - fried and cheese in the same "meal." We had boiled potatoes on the side just since that is Slovak too. It was good for the heart attack it was, and I WILL say it's probably our most successful Slovak cooking attempt to date. Videos do exist and as upbeat as they are, they're not as classic as the pancake ones, so I'll save them.

No comments:

Post a Comment