Shopping for the turkey finally on Tuesday I think it was. We have scanned all of our items and we get to the turkey - biggest one we can find in the city - 3.8 kg (about 8.3 lb). Slovak lady (and only Slovak speaker) can't find a barcode. We can't tell her "that is the only turkey we want, can't we just tell you the price" so we exchange some charades and he goes to trade it in for a 3.2 kg turkey. It's just not the same! It's already defrosted even...
Also - bigger news today! I talked to someone who can arrage a permit for me to stay here! Sadly, no work permit though; meaning no money. But it's (most likely) teaching conversational English to university students, or even teachers. Lots of potential to teach children next year if I want and even connect with the orphange a while down the road. That's all long term though. I'm quite excited about the short term though. An opportunity to stay, help people who want/need it, and meet some Slovaks [which I have also been actively pursuing]! I actually met another woman from the US and we connected on lots of things (husband was a school psychologist for 30 years, family in Weatherford, TX, invited me to Thanksgiving on Saturday which I can't attend...). So I'm meeting people, making those connections, and still seeking that permit. One interesting conflict of interest though: it's a Bible School. How ironic.
I'm thankful for everyone. Happy Thanksgiving today! It's a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment