I don't know when I'll be back again.
Oh baby, I hate to go...
So kiss me and smile for me...
I have found peace and clarity in finally making a decision that I feel is the right one. It wasn't hasty and I won't leave the loose ends as frayed as I would have a month ago. I won't make it for Texas Easter, but I'll get to see Henrik, Josse, Martine, Kristel, Erik, and Norway before I return. I made a big list of pros and cons and positives and negatives, but as I was making it, I knew that I knew what I had to do. Any reason that I listed for staying here wasn't as legitamite as the decision to go home. So that's that.
I leave Martin on Saturday. I'm trying to think of all the things that are Slovak that I want to take with me - tangible or not. The only THINGS I've thought of are the national alcohol of choice, honey, and potatoes. The alcohol and honey weigh too much and potatoes are a strange souvineir. And we have them in Texas. The other things that I'll be bringing home are the thoughts I have about Slovakia, the lessons I've learned in the past 4 months, and the memories of my adventures, projects, and friends. The randomness that is life has lead me here and I embraced it as if it was going to be my life; not as a transition or phase. I jumped in with both feet, as they say. I am satisfied with my accomplishments here. Although, in the next months, I know I could have met more people, learned more, seen more, I know there are also people, lessons, and sights waiting in the next chapter of my life - as always, wherever it may be.
I have more feelings that I won't convey now because that's not really the point of this blog. That's why I have my friends - and journal. International moves, no matter how many times I have made them, are busy and full and sleepless. My body goes into termination mode (I just made that term up) and I usually A) don't sleep much and B) have very strange dreams before I leave a place that's been my home--for a new one.
I have five days and six nights left. Better get going...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment