Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pole-land

Emily, aka my angel, helped me get my stuff to Poland last Friday and it was a relative success. Meaning, we got it all there, but it was heeeeavy! The 7 hour train ride went quickly enough. We did what we do best - laugh and color. We went out that night, stayed at a really nice hotel (bc it was the first thing we saw outside of the train station), and enjoyed an amazing blue day on Saturday.

Emily and I were walking around and we came across a gigantic market in the middle of Krakow! Another Easter market! Some of the art was tacky of course, but we respected some others so much that we went back to a stand just to ask the cute Polish old man to take a picture with us.Between the two of us this day we bought a small wooden spoon (I collect small spoons and Emily had 3 zloty (?) on her so she bought it for me), the Alchemist - in Polish (she collects this in different languages), a decorated Easter egg (like the Slovak kind), a cool painted mug, and two stolen spoons from the hotel.My stuff. Checked bags: 39.7kg. My knuckles and hands and coloring muscles are sore.I sat in this square drawing and coloring with some Polish children. I spent a long time on my sketch of the city, and the most time with children was with two 10y/o girls who drew pictures of me in the square. mmmm, warms my heart.

I did my job getting her on the train...the rest was up to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment